PITCHMAN - Sell More Make More

The more you sell the more money you make. The more money you make the more choices you have.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Donald Trump on Success

If you've ever attended a sale training meeting hosted by ME you will know how much I like Donald Trump. I quote him, refer to him, show videos of The Apprentice and often talk about the importance of creating excitement around the products you sell.

I've read 5 of his books and consider him to be the KING of self promotion. I don't always agree with everything he says or does but I have always thought that a 'good offence' is better than defense when it comes to pushing new ideas forward.

Here are a couple of 'Donald-isms' for you to ponder.

Mitch Drew


_______________________________________________


“Anyone who thinks my story is anywhere near over is sadly mistaken.” - Donald Trump

Currently famous for the phrase, “You're Fired,” Donald John Trump, Sr. is an American business executive, founder and CEO of Trump Organization, mainly involved in the premium New York real estate business.

“As long as your going to be thinking anyway, think big.”

“Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you're generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make.”

“It's tangible, it's solid, it's beautiful. It's artistic, from my standpoint, and I just love real estate.”

“Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive.”

“What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.”

“When I build something for somebody, I always add $50 million or $60 million onto the price. My guys come in, they say it's going to cost $75 million. I say it's going to cost $125 million, and I build it for $100 million. Basically, I did a lousy job. But they think I did a great job.”